One of the biggest struggles people have when it comes to content is figuring out what to talk about. There are endless ideas for content creation, but here are 7 to get your brain going.
1. Q & A – Set up a Q & A about your industry or specialty. What are the questions you get asked the most? What do your customers and clients ask about pertaining to your specialty? If you have a lot of questions, split the post into multiple parts.
2. Interviews – What would your readers like to learn about? Make a list of questions, find people in your industry who have a certain level of knowledge about your interview topic, and then contact them. There are 3 different formats you interview can be in: audio, video, or written. Pick whichever one you’re most comfortable with and give it a try. Also, spread the word on your social networks that you are looking for people to interview.
3. Client or Customer Success Stories – People love to read success stories. It’s encouraging to read how someone began, had the same struggles we have, overcame them, and became successful. These can be success stories of people who used your product or service and how it changed their lives/business or who are in the same industry as you and how they built their business successfully. Be creative!
4. Tutorials – How many times have you gone to YouTube to learn how to do something? I go there a lot; as do millions of other people. What in your niche or specialty could you create a tutorial on? If you are providing a service, make sure you’re not showing people how to do the actual service you provide.
5. Top 10 List – This one is really fun and so easy! Your top 10 could be on anything related to your market, industry, specialty, etc. People love lists, and this is a great way to get your knowledge across and show your expertise. Here are some examples of titles that you could use:
Top 10 Reasons Why ____________
Top 10 Ways to ________________
Top 10__________ to Use in Your Business
6. Reviews – This is another fun content idea. Find a product or service that’s relevant to your market. Try the product or service, then write or shoot a short review about it. Something to consider when you do this is to have a giveaway if you’re reviewing a product. If you’re reviewing a service, contact the service provider and see if they would be willing to give your readers a discount on that particular service. By having a giveaway, you’re creating blog content, building your list and social media networks, all with one review!
7. Quick Tips – Create a list of short, quick tips related to your industry or specialty. You could make these tips in audio, video or written format, whichever you prefer. Just about everyone has a dozen things going on and their time is limited. By giving short tips you are, again, able to show your expertise but in easy to manage bits.
Like I said earlier, there are endless ideas for content. Start with the ideas above, then continue to be on the lookout for more ideas. As ideas come to you, write them down. That way whenever you’re stuck on what to write about you can go to your list for ideas!